|Filing Instructions - Application
|Solution Description :
| Licensees can file a renewal application no earlier than 90 days prior to the license expiration date.
your license expires, you may apply for renewal of the license during a
two-year grace period. The renewal application must be received by the
FCC on or before the end of the two-year grace period. Until the license
is renewed, no amateur operator or station operating privileges are
conferred. Applications received after the end of the two-year grace
period cannot be granted.
Steps to Filing a Renewal Application for an Amateur License:
Log in to https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and Password
If you do not know the password:
Click the button labeled ULS License Manager; you will be taken to the log in screen
Click on the Contact Tech Support link
Click the Reset Password button and follow the prompts for resetting the password
After receiving confirmation of a successful password reset,
click the link for Universal Licensing System (DO NOT click the CORES
Public Interface link.)
Note: If you are taken to the My Applications page after logging in, click My Licenses to begin the steps below
Please refer to the online "Help files" or "Common Questions" if you need assistance with the application.
NOTE: Per Public Notice DA 15-72, The FCC no longer mails license
authorizations. If you provide an email address on your application, an
official copy of your license will be automatically emailed to you after
the application has granted.
1. Click Begin The Renewal Process
2. If necessary, edit information such as Licensee Name or Address
3. Click Continue to navigate through the application
4. Click Continue to Certify to sign the application
5. Click Submit Application (Note: by typing your first and last name in the boxes you have signed your application)
ULS will calculate any fees (Only vanity renewals will owe a fee.) Fees
for online filing MUST be received within 10 calendar days of the
7. Click the Continue For Payment Options button to choose the method of payment.
your application has Granted, you may also download an official copy of
your license from the License Manager by following the steps below:
Log in to https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and Password, which can be found on your current license.
Click the, "Download Electronic Authorizations," link on the navigation bar on the left side of the License Manager home page.
1. To search for the authorization(s) you want to download:
2. In the My Authorization box, select the call signs you wish to download
a. Enter the call sign OR
b. Enter a date range (based on Effective Date
of the license)
3. Add the call signs to the Authorizations to Download box.
4. Once the licenses have been selected, click the Download button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
The download will be automatically converted to a PDF file, and you can
choose to Open (to print) or Save (to save to a desired folder)
If you have any questions contact the FCC at